Porcelain veneers are the treatment of choice for many patients when it comes to transforming their smile. Gentle Breeze Dental constructs your new veneers from thin shells of medical-grade ceramic and places them over each tooth in question. People choose this option primarily for cosmetic enhancements. Perhaps you have a tooth that is chipped, cracked, stained yellow, or a different shape than your other teeth. This may have held you back from flashing your best smile for a long time, whether you realized it or not.
These ultra-thin shells of porcelain replicate the look, feel, and function of natural teeth. Unlike other methods of concealing or replacing damaged teeth, we take very little of the structure of your tooth to place a porcelain veneer. They are so lightweight that you may not feel them on your teeth at all. We create each new set of porcelain veneers based on the size, color, and shape of the patient’s existing teeth. This helps them to blend in well after we adhere them.
Porcelain Veneers Aren’t Just for Celebrities Anymore
Although porcelain veneers have existed for nearly 100 years, it wasn’t until the early 1980s that they became readily available to everyone. In their earliest years, movie stars wore them temporarily during filming to give them a more dazzling smile. Unfortunately, no one figured out a way for them to stay on permanently for many more decades. Today, anyone who wants to improve their appearance with smile enhancement is eligible to receive porcelain veneers in Port St Lucie.
If you’re considering teeth veneers Port St Lucie to disguise one or more problem teeth, the first step is to schedule a consultation with Gentle Breeze Dental. After examining your teeth and mouth, we’ll have you smile for us a few times so we can understand exactly what you’re trying to achieve with these thin shells. We’ll show you several different types and styles of this cosmetic enhancement so you’re certain to choose what’s right for you.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers Over Other Treatments
It is an ideal cosmetic enhancement for several reasons. The most important ones include:
- It is virtually impossible for others to distinguish which of your teeth are covered with a porcelain veneer and which are not. That is because we spend so much time customizing them for each patient.
- Your new veneer resists staining from coffee, cigarettes, medications, and many other substances. This is not true of your natural teeth.
- The amount of tooth surface we must remove is extremely minimal, especially when compared to the procedure used for placing a crown.
- Some people’s teeth are resistant to whitening, no matter how many different types of treatments they try. If you have this problem, porcelain veneers can conceal even the most stubborn permanent stains on your teeth.
- It may also be appropriate for minor dental problems, such as a gap between teeth. This is a much less expensive solution than orthodontics.
If you’ve been wanting a smile makeover for a long time, please contact us at Gentle Breeze Dental to learn more about porcelain veneers.