When you have a cavity or a portion of your tooth has decayed, filling the area helps to preserve further damage. In the past, metal was the only option dental patients had for fillings. Many people found their metal fillings unattractive and desired to have something that was less noticeable to others. This is how metal-free fillings, also known as clear or tooth-colored, came into being. At Gentle Breeze Dental, we match the color of your clear fillings to your natural teeth as closely as possible. This allows for seamless integration with your other teeth.
Any resident of Port St. Lucie or the surrounding communities who has minor tooth decay is a potential candidate for metal-free fillings. We can also replace your existing metal or mercury fillings. If you lack confidence in your smile due to having one or more metal-colored fillings, this could be the answer you’ve been seeking. You won’t think twice about showing the world your dazzling smile once your metal-free fillings are in place.
Important Benefits of Metal-Free Fillings
Clear fillings look more natural in your mouth and are not easy for others to see. Unlike metal fillings, they don’t blacken with age and become even more unattractive. If you’re considering filling a new tooth with metal-free fillings or replacing metal fillings you already have, here are some other benefits you should know about:
- As the name suggests, these types of fillings do not contain any metal or mercury. People who have had mercury fillings in place for many years risk infection and other types of dental complications.
- A white filling has the ability to strengthen your tooth. We use several layers of silicon dioxide when placing your metal-free filling. This plastic mixture, which also contains glass, allows us to fill your tooth and then stabilize it.
- Your teeth are less sensitive with metal-free fillings than they are with traditional ones. This is because the silicon dioxide we use to fill and place the filling does not conduct extreme cold and hot temperatures as metal does.
- While metal fillings take several hours to harden after placement, white fillings harden in a matter of minutes. This allows you to go about the rest of the day without annoyance or discomfort.
- Tooth-colored fillings are compatible with dental sealants. This allows the team at Gentle Breeze Dental to complete both procedures at the same time. Having the ability to do this is not only convenient, it helps to prevent further tooth decay as well.
Let Us Help You Achieve an Aesthetically Pleasing Smile
With advances in dentistry today, there’s no reason you can’t have the smile you’ve always wanted. If you don’t like the appearance of metal fillings, contact us to learn more about our available alternatives. We serve Port St. Lucie, Florida and the many communities surrounding it.